You know we have been doing social media for sometime now for our own company and also for a few of our clients. One area we have not discussed to much is YouTube. Because of our typical responses from businesses in the past when we bring up social media we are sure you are thinking B2B Marketing on YouTube, are you crazy? Isn't this stuff for kids? Isn't this just a fad for people singing songs and doing weird dances?
Well I am here to tell you that although the answer to some of these questions might be true, there are also some other facts you might like to know about before you totally write-off YouTube.
Check out some of these YouTube Statistics:
YouTube users Age:
- 18% of YouTube users are under the age of 18
- 20% are 18-34 years old
- 19% are 35-44 years old
- 23% are 45-54 years old
- 20% are over the age of 55
I bet you are now thinking boy who would have thought. It's not just for teens anymore. So if your B2B target buyer is between 35-55, there is a good chance you will find more of them on YouTube than you may have first thought. Would you have guessed 42%?
Ok, so you may be still asking yourself so how do I know if they are my demographic? Age is one thing, but what else do we know about these people?
What is the typical income level of the people on YouTube?
- 6% make less than $25,000
- 20% make $25,000-$49,000
- 25% make $50,000-$74,999
- 19% make $75,000-$99,999
- 18% make $100,000-$149,999
- 10%make $150,000 or more
So if your typical target market has an annual income of $75K or greater, you have 47% of YouTube users that are meeting your needs.
Want some more amazing numbers
to prove the worth of online video?
- more than 170 million U.S. Internet users watched nearly 31 billion online videos during November 2009
- 70% get at least 20 views
- 50% get at least 100 views
- >20% get more than 500 views
- >10% get more than 1,500 views
- 3% get more than 25,000 views
- 1% get more than 500,000 views