What is the number one problem most businesses struggle with? On-going sales… right?
Of course. If you do not have any sales than you hardly have a business. For small businesses the biggest problem is getting known as the expert or leader in your industry.
So many companies have a great product or service, but just do not know how to get the word out.
So how do you overcome the worlds best kept secret?
Unknown Businesses must try these ideas:
- Make sure you have a professionally designed business card
- Create a solid 30 second elevator speech that tells how you solve your clients problems
- Join the chamber or other organizations and network like crazy
- Build a solid web site based on SEO techniques, with the ability to update the site on a weekly basis through a blog
- Build profiles on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and start becoming active in these communities
These are the foundations for pushing your company out into the limelight, but keep in mind this takes some time. Stick with it and you will start to become known.
Some next steps then are:
- defining who your perfect or most profitable customers are
- then building a customer profile for these type of customers
Once you have an idea of who exactly you are going after, then you can start looking for places these people hang out.
You want to be in the locations your customers are so this is very valuable. Plus as you are blogging, you want to speak their language. Remember it is all about them, not you when it come to marketing. If you are going out of your way to help them, your following will build like wild-fire.
Now get out there and implement these ideas and we'll know who you are soon enough.