As a CEO of my business I sometimes think about "Mastery" and what this means.
- How does one define Mastery?
- How does one reach Mastery?
- How can I hire people who have reached the level of Mastery?
- How can I train or support training to help employees reach Mastery?
- What kind of training does it take to reach Mastery?
- How important is mastery and why the hell does this even matter?
Okay, you get the picture. In the book by Malcolm Gladwell titled Outliers: The Story of Success I understand (I have not read this one yet) that Malcolm says it takes 10,000 hours to reach mastery. This makes sense to me but makes me think about that 10,000 hours. So let's say you have 10 or 20 years of selling or any other skill under your belt, does that make you a master? Let's dig in a bit…Read More