Well 2009 was a tough year, probably the worse year we have seen. Although 2009 brought challenges, it also brought some good news.
The first big item for celebration is that April 1st marked Brandwise's 10 years of being in business. According to the Small Business Administration, 50% of all businesses fail within the first 5 years. We personally thought this number was higher, but are thankful none the less to not only make it 5 years, but double this milestone.
Some other exciting news is that even though this has been one of our toughest years, we have made it through and things are looking up in a big way. As we have told about 60 people, in our May 2008 Recessionproof Marketing presentation, consistent marketing and brand development is the only way to successfully overcome a recession. Some of those people believed this and started regular marketing campaigns, some of these people tried to do some marketing and others just plain out thought we were just looking for more business with this statement. unfortunately we have seen some of these businesses and others we knew, struggle or worse close their doors in 2009.
Brandwise has continued to market and brand our own company. We are now on an upward charge gaining new business and building a strong customer loyalty that we have not seen in years. Part of this is due to our new online efforts mentioned below.
Brandwise has started adding a more aggressive web based system to our arsenal this year. We have pretty much given up doing your basic static web sites for clients. Instead we are offering a much more flexible approach for our clients by building content management systems into the clients site. This allows them to edit and manage their own site. Beyond this we help our clients tap into Search Engine Optimization, on-site Blogging, Social Media, web based Lead Generation and web analytics to track and measure their success.
We would like to thank a few clients that were a big part of our 10 year success.
- Simple Moments Photography: for their continued service and multiple years of marketing including Branding, Identity Design Direct Mail Campaigns, Landing Pages and Email Newsletters.
- Jetta Opporating Company: for choosing Brandwise to strengthen and continue to build their brand through a Logo Redesign, Identity Design, Web Site Design, Brochure Design.
- Sundance Square: for using Brandwise for rebranding & newsletter design of their monthly coupon newsletter the "Insider".
- Rick Lewis: for bringing us in to do the buildout for the AstraZeneca intranet site.
- LibertyPower: for allowing Brandwise to help them rebrand their company through a logo redesign, web site redesign/buildout, trade show display design, and for presskit, infosheet and multiple brochure designs.
- Staples: for adding Brandwise to the group to help build a computer based training program for their employees to learn their customized computer retail checkout system. Brandwise did the graphics for this project.
- Lastly, we would like to thank everyone else who has helped us through out the years, including all our clients, vendors, and business partners. You are all great and we appreciate you all!
We look forward to the next ten years and plan on growing Brandwise into a national and hopefully a global branding firm in this time.
Happy New Years and we'll see you in 2010!